Saturday 1 February 2014

More cooking and food things

More old recipe books from Box 1.031.

A Bill of Fare for Every Month
This is an extract from something else (lost), late 18th century I would say.

Fairburn
Fairburn's Town & Country Cookery has lost its cover but I think it dates from the early nineteenth century. I don't think it is complete.

Mary Ingleman's Receipt Books

The book from Mary Ingleman is most likely to have come from the Becher family, since they lived in Southwell long before we did.

Francis Ingleman married Mary Bousfield at Southwell in 1768 and children were christened there. I don't know if this is the right people but I suppose it is likely.

The book, handwritten and referring to her as deceased by 1845, is presumably a copy taken from Mary's own book. Though it says "Vol.1st" it is all we have of this.

They are all in a folder
here

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment