Tuesday 26 February 2019

George Beaumont Rector of St.Nicholas - Mourning Rings

Something I found:


from this book:

I did not know that any memorial or mourning rings had been given out after George died in 1773. I thought it interesting and odd that the initials on the ring should have been W.B..

This archive Box 1-062:-
Probate copy of Will dated 24th October 1771 and codicil dated 29th January 1773 of the Revd. George Beaumont Rector of St. Nicholas.


Unless I missed something, it doesn't actually call for rings to be given to anyone.

(In passing, Mr Crisp's note contains two oft-repeated errors: 1. the whole business about "Oaks," which I have written about on this blog, and 2. about George being Rector of Gedling, which he was never. He had been at Gedling as curate).

No comments:

Post a Comment